In this SaskScapes podcast feature series “German Culture Alive”, local German Canadians share their personal stories of immigration, arts, culture, heritage, and more.
Listen in and meet the people who keep the German culture alive in Saskatchewan by telling their stories about passed down family traditions, food traditions, family roots, identity, and immigration adventures. Listen to podcasts such as:
- Promotional Episode “German Culture Alive”
- Saskatoon Concordia Brass Band
- Mark Turner, CEO of the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra
- St. Peter’s Abbey in the village of Muenster, Saskatchewan
- The Regina Glockenspiel
- Interview with Barbara Stehwien about the Legacy of the Artist Fritz Stehwien
- Interview with artist Waltraude Stehwien
- Northern Saskatchewan Adventures with Miriam Körner
- Family food traditions with Amy Jo Ehman
- German Roots-Russian Branches with Merv Weiss
- German Holiday Traditions with Three Guests
About SaskScapes Podcast: launched in 2014 by podcast creative producer/host Kevin Power. SaskScapes was the very first podcast series in Saskatchewan featuring stories of arts, culture, and heritage. Serving the non-profit sector in Saskatchewan, the goal of SaskScapes is to create an aural archive so that years from now people can listen to the history of the past and hear our stories.